Tuesday, June 12, 2018

0.4 Miles

Today we had the option to hike up Mingo Falls. Of course I said yes, I was really unprepared for what I was about to encounter!

So although I'm frail I am by no means in shape within the first five minutes I was out of breath wondering how everyone was hiking up these steep steps so fast.

The below photo is me contemplating if I could go on any more! (5 minutes in!)⬇️


Mingo Falls is on the Cherokee Indian Reservation (Qualla Boundary), just outside Great Smoky Mountains National Park. No special permits are required for access to the reservation. At 120 feet tall, the waterfall is one of the tallest and most spectacular in the southern Appalachians. The hike to the waterfall is only 0.4 miles in length, but is considered moderate in difficulty. (https://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/mingo-falls.htm)

So I caught my breath and kept going and it wasn't long before I got to see the most beautiful sight.... 





1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it to the top! I didn't doubt your ability to try it and then enjoy it. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete